Thursday, March 10, 2011

Words, Words, Words

I am all over the place this morning, which means I'll have allot to blog about in the next few days.. However I must start here..

I love music, its true. I love the words that the writer pens. I love the feeling the artist puts into projecting the emotion the writer felt when the words were penned. I love the music that makes the song something to remember.

Last night I was driving home from diner with my cousin (I just love my family). I heard Heather Headley's 'letter' for the first time. I love Heather Headley. But this song sent chills up my spine for many reasons. I've pasted the song, and words..

This Line within this song 'Letter' shook me...
'Having to deal with you is enough to break your soul'

Who knew.. that your soul could break.. But i guess its possible. when you have a relationship, no matter the type(intimate, friendship, family etc) you invest. And not just your heart, money, time but your soul.. so, if/when a person should leave (death, disagreement etc) you can't get any of it back.. None of it.

More-over how do you repair your soul? (that was my Carrie Bradshaw moment)



Enjoy!!!

By the way she has a new album 'Audience of one' it is a gospel album. Amazing.




Lyrics to The Letter :
Verse 1:At first I wrote it "dear you," then it turned,"to whom it may concern."I began it in this way becauseI needed to express through these words,How deeply I was hurt,And how distant from you I now was.I wrote "normally I would sayThese words to your face,But this time that I just can't do,Cause I know the way you been movin'And the things you been doin'And right now I can't stand the sight of you."
Chorus:So this is my goodbyeThis means we are not togetherThis means that you're free,See how you wanna' see, and me,Well I know I can do betterSo this is my goodbyeThis makes it official, you've lost me foreverWe are now the past, and it's kinda sadThat you had to read it in this letterThis is my goodbye
Verse 2:By the time you finish thisI'll be gone for good, your lesson learned.Where it is I'll be, and who's lovin' me,Sorry baby, that's no longer your concern.And tell your lil' friend she'll be in my prayers,Cause just having to deal with youIs enough to break your soul.I just hope she knows exactlyWhat it is she's getting into.
Chorus:So this is my goodbyeThis means we are not togetherThis means that you're free,See how you wanna' see, and me,Well I know I can do betterSo this is my goodbyeThis makes it official, you've lost me foreverWe are now in the past, and it's kinda' sadThat you had to read it in this letterThis is my goodbye
Bridge:Not that it matters to you,But I wrote this with clear and dry eyes.The years of being mistreated by you,I've cried all the tears I can cry.So this is the end, done and over with.Believe me when I say that you won't be missed.No hug, no kiss, signed sincerely.P.S. Forget you ever knew me. Chorus:This is my goodbyeThis means we are not togetherThis means that you're free,See how you wanna' see, and me,Well I know I can do betterThis is my goodbyeThis makes it official, you've lost me foreverWe are now in the past, and it's kinda sadThat you had to read it in this letterThis is my goodbye
Verse 1:At first I wrote it "dear you," then it turned,"to whom it may concern."I began it in this way becauseI needed to express through these words,How deeply I was hurt,And how distant from you I now was.I wrote "normally I would sayThese words to your face,But this time that I just can't do,Cause I know the way you been movin'And the things you been doin'And right now I can't stand the sight of you."
Chorus:So this is my goodbyeThis means we are not togetherThis means that you're free,See how you wanna' see, and me,Well I know I can do betterSo this is my goodbyeThis makes it official, you've lost me foreverWe are now the past, and it's kinda sadThat you had to read it in this letterThis is my goodbye
Verse 2:By the time you finish thisI'll be gone for good, your lesson learned.Where it is I'll be, and who's lovin' me,Sorry baby, that's no longer your concern.And tell your lil' friend she'll be in my prayers,Cause just having to deal with youIs enough to break your soul.I just hope she knows exactlyWhat it is she's getting into.
Chorus:So this is my goodbyeThis means we are not togetherThis means that you're free,See how you wanna' see, and me,Well I know I can do betterSo this is my goodbyeThis makes it official, you've lost me foreverWe are now in the past, and it's kinda' sadThat you had to read it in this letterThis is my goodbye
Bridge:Not that it matters to you,But I wrote this with clear and dry eyes.The years of being mistreated by you,I've cried all the tears I can cry.So this is the end, done and over with.Believe me when I say that you won't be missed.No hug, no kiss, signed sincerely.P.S. Forget you ever knew me. Chorus:This is my goodbyeThis means we are not togetherThis means that you're free,See how you wanna' see, and me,Well I know I can do betterThis is my goodbyeThis makes it official, you've lost me foreverWe are now in the past, and it's kinda sadThat you had to read it in this letterThis is my goodbye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome

Anonymous said...

Hear are some words for you!
Endangered young black males
Africa is fighting a losing battle to save the black rhinoceros from distinction against illegal poaching.
America is fighting a losing battle to save the black young males from distinction against illegal gun sales and drugs.
Yearly both countries are losing thousands of national treasures to senseless killing and greed. Despite the government posturing on both sides there has not been a clear cut answer to the pain and suffering for the lost.
There are critics who seem to think that new legislation laws would aid in being a deterrent to discourage criminal behavior and illegal activity.
However there is no relief with the current laws and changing them will only add to the red tape.
Black mothers are vital to humanity and a society shift to save the black males. Black mothers are a paradigm in shaping the future young black males and providing with guidance of self love and a sense of self worth.
Although traditional families have both parents raising a child it is a stunning low statistic in the black community; therefore, it is instrumental for black mothers to continue being the back bone in the American foundation.
Black mothers continue the fight for the young black males with or without the support of fathers. There will come a time when the black rhinoceros and the young black male will raise above despair and regain its rightful place in this world and its numbers will be greater than the sands at the beach.

Sign the endangered black male.